Continuing my series “Best of L.A for Kids and Teens’, with the newest installment- Beverly Hills and Malibu! If you missed it, check out the first installment for the Hollywood area in this post. If you are planning a trip to the LA area, the land of fun and sun, this series will not disappoint! With so many attractions, hot spots and one of kind experiences, you will create memories with your kids that will last a lifetime! My daughter Kaya (@topteentraveler) helped with the list and added the most important part (to teens anyway)- her picks for the Best Instagram/SnapChat Hot Spots! They will have a * beside them. Find some Zen in the traffic and you’re sure to have a blast!
- Rodeo Drive * – don’t miss this famous street and the surrounding blocks for world-class luxury shopping, dreaming and indulging.
- Take the Beverly Hills Trolley Tour – A 40 minute narrated tour of history, art and architecture.
- Sprinkles Cupcakes * – Visit the World’s First 24 hour Cupcake ATM at Sprinkles Cupcakes! The red velvet is my fave!
- B.H. Farmers Market – every Sunday from 9am-1pm. Artisanal food, various vendors, live music and activities.
- Beverly Hills Sign * – Best souvenir? A selfie in front of the famed Beverly Hills sign in the Beverly Garden Park.
- Waldorf Astoria * – Don’t miss lunch and the insane view from the roof top of the Waldorf Astoria Hotel! The hottest dining/view spot in town, so plan ahead with reservations.
- “Red Carpet Kids” – Looking for a one of a kind over-the-top experience?!!? The Peninsula Hotel in Beverly Hills offers “Red Carpet Kids” through there Academy Program. This is the opportunity for a “World Premiere Experience”. The simulation concept allows kids the opportunity to experience firsthand a day in the life of Hollywood’s hottest stars, from hair/make up and professional wardrobe stylists, to filming a live action movie with a director and crew, then finally walking the Red Carpet at the Paley Center for Media (complete with paparazzi and fans), to watch a private screening of their film with friends and family. Price tag?? $8500.
- Surfing Lessons * – Lots of great selections here, but “Calibunga Los Angeles Surf Lessons” allows you to choose the beach you want to learn to surf on. Choose from Malibu, Venice, Manhattan Beach, Sunset Beach, or Santa Monica.
- Fantastic beaches * – Like Leo Carillo with it’s tide pools & caves, and beautiful Zuma, Pointe Dume, Paradise Cove and Malibu Lagoon.
- Malibu Riders * – Explore Malibu on horseback with Malibu Riders. A one hour long ride through Zuma Canyon with amazing ocean views!
- Grotto Trail * – Amazing hiking! Grotto trail is a relatively easy hike that leads to a grotto and a waterfall- all of the payoff with very little work!
- Lunch Hotspot * – Have Lunch at Malibu Farm on the Malibu Pier.
- Lumberyard and Malibu Country Mart – For fantastic shopping, dining and great people watching.
- Nobu Malibu* – One of LA’s toughest reservations to get, but 100% worth it for the amazing food and off the charts celebrity sightings.
Pencil in these Beverly Hills and Malibu fun spots for your next trip to L.A., your kids will be psyched, and stay tuned for more of my insiders guide to the best of Los Angeles!